Friday, December 29, 2006

Day 13: Depart Bangkok

Yep, only a few more hours here. I arrived early yesterday morning in Bangkok. I took and over night train that took about ten hours from Surat Thani. I decided to stay not on Tho Khao San Road this time, but in Siam Square.
I like Siam Square better than Khao San. I'm right in the center of Bangkok where it's so easy to hop on a skytrain, boat, subway, bus, tuk-tuk, or taxi from here to go anywhere in the city. Not to mention that the MBK or the Mahboonkrong is within walking distance.
A little something about the MBK center: 7 floors of shopping, cinemas, food, massage parlors, hair parlors, tattoo parlors, video gaming, karokee music booths, photo booths, and did I mention SHOPPING? This place is enormous loaded with the Thai younger crowd. Lets start from the bottom floor. The bottom floor, is shoes, bags, clothes, jewelry, misc. The second floor is more the same of the first. The third floor is like one gigantic cell phone store. There are so many cell phone booths selling any kind of cell phone, and accessory that you could ever imagine. The 4th floor is bed and bath. The fifth floor is the food floor. The 6th floor is dedicated to video arcade games as well as rooms set up for several players to play against each other. There is also a movie theater on this floor that works it's way up to the 7th floor. On the 7th floor there is bowling, and karokee booths. You can book a sound proof room with your friends to sing. See what I mean, I practically spent all day there yesterday walking around.
So now just a couple of hours till I head to the airport. I have decided whole heartedly that I would very much love to come back here to Thailand. This place is extrodinary, and being that its my first trip to Asia, I can definately say that it won't be my last. This place has only sparked even more of an itch to visit all the other countries in Asia. Maybe someday I will. >>> JEN

0 comments: