Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Day 3 & 4: Scuba Shack

So here I am in Ko Tao still. I'm taking a 4 day diving course. My first day, yesterday wasn't too exciting. I just relaxed by the beach. Drank some beer with fellow travelers in the near by bars. I also watched a video on scuba diving.
Today, I had to watch more videos on scuba diving. Then we went out on the boat for my very first dive ever. The water isn't exactly crystal clear, but at least it's warm.
Breathing while underwater was something that takes some getting used to. The first time I went under, you kinda have to tell your brain to tell your lungs to fill with air. After awhile it becomes second nature and you adapt. We headed for some deeper waters for a second dive. It's really amazing how big those corals are. They are huge. Much different than seeing them in a picture.
More diving tomorrow...

0 comments: