Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bangalore, India; Day ten

So the project is pretty much done. Every working day that we had was definitely a new experience. For example, today on the bus ride home that is supposed to take 1 hour...it took 2 because we encountered the worst traffic jam that I had ever seen in my life. For the past three days it has been raining. I'm from Seattle, yet I've never seen rain like this before. It's as if someone is pouring a bucket of water over the earth. No I know what they mean by monsoon rains.

The children were great today. I guess I forgot to mention that we switched to a different school this past Monday. The new school we are at is larger with 180 students. They actually have desks and school uniforms.

It feels like I have been in India forever. I'm looking forward to a hot shower, my car, meat, my bed, a cocktail or glass of wine.....

Here I am teaching a boy some math.


Here I am showing the children a book of Las Vegas.


This is the outside of the small school.


0 comments: