Monday, August 20, 2007

Bangalore, India; Day eight

Yesterday I was feeling a little sick, so my team leader made me stay. I feltshort of breath. My guess is that the pollution here is really starting to take a toll on my lungs.

I ventered off on my own a little later in the afternoon because I got really bored. I went to the City Market. Oh my God, that was the worst idea ever! There were so many people there. They push and shove to get around. I held on to my bag thinking that someone was bound to come by and steal my wallet without me knowing. Then, it seriously got ten times worse when it starting pouring down rain. The city which is filthy already, gets even filthier when its muddy. I made it back with the city's dark dirt splashed on the back of my legs and all over my feet.

This is a picture of one of the millions of flower vendors at City Market.


One of the many power vendors. The powder seen here in cone shapes are used for the dot on the head. As you can see they come in many brilliant colors.

0 comments: