Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Peru 2009

MY 5th wonder of the world. Whew. I've got two more after this one.

So Candice is coming with me on this little ten day adventure. I am leaving this Sunday Aug 9th, and she is coming on Monday. We couldn't get on the same flight because, well that's a really long story. I was originally supposed to be going on this trip as a school project to bring medical supplies to people in the Amazon jungle, but the whole thing became a mess and I was stuck with a plane ticket. Anyways, I think I am still going to have a blast.

We are arriving in Lima, the capital of Peru. We are not going to be there long because we want to get to Cuzco where we are going to embark on a hiking/camping deal to get to Machu Picchu. We are prepared for the trip as we have bought new hiking shoes, water purification tablets, first aid kit, flashlights, sleeping bag, wool socks, waterproof jacket, protein bars, and of course camera. This trip is a little different because I am actually going to be camping. And of course whatever we bring in our packs, we must take on the hiking trip. It is crucial to pack light!

After Cuzco, we are going to either Lake Titicaca (yes, said exactly like "titty" lol), or we may just head back over to Lima and spend a day or two there. I hear they have some nice beaches.

So that's it... Leavin' in 6 days... write ya'll from Peru!

0 comments: