Monday, August 10, 2009

Lima, Peru; On Foot in Miraflores

It was a little hard to sleep last night. It was a little chilly, and the street was a little noisey. I changed accomidation today to the Flying Dog Hostel. I spent most of the day walking around Miraflores. I walked down to the coast where I snapped some photos. The beach here is very expansive, and is far down from the cliffs of Lima. There were many surfers out. There was a neat mall called the Larcomall built into the cliffs over the beach.

At the park above the beach.

The cliff mall. Larcomall.

I had lunch in a local resturant accross the street where I sat and talked to other American travelers. Tonight I´m going to share a taxi with them to the airport when I go meet Candice. They gave me some really good advice about Cusco and Machu Picchu. I am excitied to leave Lima, as I find I do with every big city. My impression of Lima at this point is that it has very little to offer besides crowded streets and smog.

A church by the hostel.

A Starbucks in every country...

0 comments: