Tuesday, January 7, 2014

East Coast Extravanza; Part Two New Jersey

The next leg of my medical school pilgrimage took me to New Jersey.   Seriously, I gained some extra adipose tissue in areas not to be mentioned, but it was definitely worth it.  New Jersey was amazing for the Italian food.  I loved the fact that I could hop on a bus and be in NYC in ten minutes.  I love that New Jersey is home to the working class of people.  From professionals to blue collar workers, Jersey is the place that so many commute and make the trip across the Hudson. Some would describe it as a gritty and dirty city suburb of the big apple, but I love it.  It gives it some character. Could I live here?  I would say a definite yes to that.  Yes I know I'm an odd breed of human who would actually volunteer to live in this no frills, harsh city snuggled in the shadows of New York.  Its really just amazing to be so close yet just far enough from the one and only city. 

 Um, hello Cake Boss!

Most of the pictures I took were on my outings into the city.  I spent most of my time in New Jersey but I guess I was too busy working to remember to take pictures.


What a great memorial.  Site of the World Trade Center now home to the 9-11 Memorial.  Two squares with infinity waters and lighting. 

Washington Square Park.  Uberly romantic.
Times Square
What can I say about Times Square?  I honestly can say that rubbing shoulder to shoulder in the crowded street next to crazed international tourists for something that is not the ultimate definition of New York City seems very cliche.  None the less, seen it, done it.  Now where's the real New York?        
Chelsea Market.  Yup. Been there.  Best food ever! Have the lobster bisque from the Lobster Place.  You'll thank me later.
Bryant Park.
Grand Central Station
You can't go to NYC and not have a pizza! This place is the classic.  Lombardi's Coal Oven Pizza. They say it's the New York water that gives these suckers its flavor.  I say its the New York everything.
Good night New York.  Views of Manhattan over the Hudson River from the Jersey side.  This gives me just as much of a thrill as it would be to over look the grandest of all that mother nature has to offer.  The New York City skyline is just so grand, and to think that this was all truly built with man's two hands and willpower.  I love New York.  If New York City were a man I passed by on the street, I would say it was love at first sight.  I would probably go running after him and he wouldn't be difficult to spot.  He would have a distinctly gorgeous face with a confident demeanor.  What can I say? What girl doesn't like tall, dark, and handsome? New York has something to offer for everyone.  And for anyone looking to fall in love, you might just do that in this city and possibly with this city. 


0 comments: