Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Beijing, China; yum yum in my tum tum

When me and Brianna arrived early in the morning, 7 am to be exact, we took on the Pearl Market. The name is decieving as there is much more than just pearls to buy. The venders there can really wear you out...at one point I was held hostage in a booth by a lady wanting me to buy a fake Dolce bag. She held on tightly to my arm.



I was intrigued. Have you ever seen a crystal ball this big??

So after the Pearl Market we walked across the street to see the Temple of Heaven. It doesn't exactly look like a typical temple, but the designs on the outside were outstanding. The temple dates to the Ming dynasty.



On the outside of the temple. The popular Chinese dragon and phoenix.

As much fun as were were having shopping and sightseeing we were definately in need of some good food. We were up for trying some of Peking's famous Roast Duck. On Wanfujing Street we found a place called Quanjude Roast Duck Resturant. At this place you either have the choice of ordering half a duck or the whole thing. We went for the half, and it came with some dark sauce, onions, and wonton wrappers. Apparently the Chinese like to eat their duck rolled in the won ton wrapper with the sauce and onions like a fajita. Let me tell ya. I throughly enjoyed my duck.



They come to your table and carve the duck for you. Oh, and by the way Brianna ate the duck's brain. Eww.

0 comments: