Friday, November 13, 2015

Somewhere Over the Rainbow, there's Hawaii

I have not added much lately in terms of blog posts, I guess I will have to get on that.  Something that has to do with being a medical resident and working too much I think.  But that being said I do as a matter of fact get a fabulous 20 days per year of vacation day of which I plan on using every second of.  That does not include weekends, so actually it amounts to a good amount of time allowing sufficeient time to make the 12 hour flight to Hawaii from the East Coast of Florida.

My parents do live in Hawaii and my grandparents as well as my auntie and uncle.  My mother was born on the Island of Maui but grew up on Oahu which is the main island of Hawaii which is home to Pearl Harbor and the state capital of Honolulu.  Many people get all this confused.  But I guess I would too had I not been traveling to Hawaii every year since I was born. It's basically what I would call a second home.  I have not posted any pictures of any of my trips to Hawaii over the years that I have had this blog and it only occurred to me recently, that I guess my travel perspective should not be limited to just the places I'm perfectly accustomed to, but rather should include those places that may be less familiar to some.  This year I took my amazing and handsome boyfriend with me, so I felt justified in taking him out to do some "touristy" things that I don't normally do on my island trips these past few years.  We went Shark Cage diving, swam in Waimea Falls, and went to Pearl Harbor.  For your viewing pleasure, I created a video with my new fake "goPro" I just bought on Amazon of our vacation including the shark cage dive.  Enjoy =)


0 comments: